Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Slacker!!!!!

Oh my goodness I've been a slacker-skipped the whole month of September! It went by so fast I'm not even sure what happened in September! Let's see....My parents and Sister (Saylor too!!) came to visit for a long weekend-that was fun-all of us cramped in our little apartment. Poor Aaron! We did some shopping (yay IKEA!!), played downtown (once we found a parking place), and ate good pizza :)
Aaron went out of town for a night for work-the big wuss that I am wasn't too interested in staying in our apartment with Emily by myself. So I went to Milwaukee and stayed with Aaron's brother, his wife Kristie, and my nephew Jack. Which only meant that it was an excuse for Kristie and I to hit the outlets that are between us :) I got a lot of good deals, and Emily and I (mostly Emily!) got new clothes. We had a good time with them (even though Emily kept them up all night). Jack just cracks me up-he's so silly, I love it!!! Emily will just sit and watch whatever he is doing too...taking it all in-really cute to see that. I'm really going to miss being close to them when we move.....
Move-did I say move??? Yep, once again....As much as I wish it was back to SC-it's not.....we like Chicago (except the winters!!! Not looking forward to that again!), but it's just a really hard place to start a family- especially with no family here. Aaron loves his job (I hope no one from his job is reading this...) but it's just too hard and expensive to live here!!! Kinda figure if we're going to have to pinch pennies, we should do it close to family where we've got a support system. SOOOO we're heading back to Ohio. There's not a job opportunity for him back in Charleston, and with the experience he's gotten here (GREAT experience) he should be able to get a good job (that he wouldn't have been able to get without working here in Chicago). There's a bunch of insurance companies in Columbus-so there should hopefully be some options. He has to stay where he's at for one year so we don't have to pay back the moving bonus, so that would be the beginning of December. It really just depends on when he gets a job. And then back to buckeye country we go (it has been nice to at least be back in Big Ten land...no offense to the SEC). So, it should hopefully be in the beginning of next year....keep ya posted!!
Hmmmm.....what else....my stupid cell phone broke-well actually just the screen when you flip it open....anyways, ALL my pictures and videos pretty much documenting Emily's entire life up to that point-gone!!!!! I'm still very bummed about this...I'm the dummy though-the whole time I had that phone I wanted to have a phone that had a memory card (like my sister's). OK, after my phone broke I was told that I did have a place for a memory card.....I felt like such a dummy when they told me that!!! They must've thought I was the biggest ditz-oh well!! Anyways, I haven't given up completely yet-I'm determined to somehow retrieve the pictures.....I got a sweet new phone though (with a memory card)....palm treo-Aaron wanted me to get it....I wasn't too sure-but I'm really liking it!! Internet and all-I feel so professional......like I have a life!! HA!!!
One of the most awesomest (is that a word??) things though--Emily finally started sleeping through the night!!! (I'm sure I jinxed it now). Partly my fault for still feeding her-it was perfect when I came home from work at midnight....just not so much when I didn't have to work! Anyways, I don't know-she slept through one night-I think she was sick actually. She had Hand Foot Mouth a few weeks ago-fever, and some blisters in her throat-poor girl!!! Anyhow, she slept through the night, and then when she cried the next night, we let it go (finally had the guts to do it). She really only cried for like 10 minutes. She did that maybe for 2 nights. I think she's had one random night where she cried for a long time and I went in there...but that's it!! I'm interested in seeing how she does this weekend when we're out of town...I hope we don't regress!
We did get an offer on our house last weekend-however it was waaayy low-$50,000 less than what we're offering-and we're like the lowest house of our size in the neighborhood already....we didn't take it....we're hoping that it won't be much longer though-it's been over a year!!! Paying rent/mortgage every month is no fun!! What's sad is that rent is a couple hundred dollars more than our mortgage payment!!! Whatever!!!! We've had a whole bunch of people looking at our house the last few weeks since the interest rates were dropped. It will be such a load off when it sells....I think we'll feel rich!!! House payment, equity, lawn care, electric bill, water bill, stuff in storage.............yeah.....can't wait to not be paying those bills anymore!!

1 comment:

Stephanie and Eric Horecky said...

You are a slacker!!! I was wondering when you were going to update =) I can't believe you are moving again. MAN I wish Aaron could find a job here. My mom and brother are both insurance agents. Maybe I could help?!?!?!?