Monday, January 26, 2009

Finally caught up!!!

So, January has brought us lots of cold weather- and a bit of snow! We've gone out to play in the snow a few times-Emily really enjoys it! However, she does completely boycott mittens....her poor hands get so cold-and we don't end up staying outside too long (good for Mommy!). I was a little bummed though because she is not interested in having hot chocolate when we come in-that is totally the best part of playing out in the snow!! Oh well, I have hot chocolate by myself-yummy!! So, here's what we've been up so far this month!


Emily was excited the first time she got to use the snow shovel she got for Christmas. I love her face in this picture-goofy girl!


Hard at work!


Just like Daddy!


She loves to make snakes and bouncy balls out of play-doh. Keeps her busy for quite a while :) Although, she has tried to actually use them as bouncy balls-doesn't go over so well-then you find dried play-doh all over the house! She actually said 'cheese' when I told her to smile for this picture-I don't know if I've ever told her to say cheese before-smart girl!


We went to the library one morning with Saylor and Aunt Shell, despite the picture they really did have fun!


She wanted the Buckeye hat-so she had to steal it off my head-she looks good in it though, so I couldn't argue!


Our snowman! Emily was super excited about the carrot nose-she talked about it all day before and after we made the snowman. (I wasn't thinking too much and she's looking right at the sun-that's why her eyes are all squinty-oops!)


Here she is making that cute face again! She makes me laugh!


Giving the snowman a hug (we finally added some arms to him).


Self portrait! Kinda into the sun-and no makeup-ick!!!


We had a couple days where it warmed up a little bit (snowman is looking a little rough out there) but we've got more snow headed our way over the next couple of days. More fun for Emily, but Aaron and I can't wait for winter to be over!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Emily looks just like you! :) I love the snowman.