Friday, February 1, 2008

"New" socks

So, funny story. True to any story that I tell, there's a lot of back story, so hear me out.

One of the complaints I've had since we've lived here is that somehow the bag that had all of my underwear, socks and bras in it ended up in storage. To clarify-I did have a small supply of those packed with me. The majority, however, were not. We went to the storage POD at one point to try to find them, but there was no getting to clothes bags without taking out a bunch of furniture-so that didn't happen.

One thing that we did bring with us into our apartment was our washer and dryer...we weren't sure what type of apartment we would be in, so we hauled it with us. Of course, we ended up in an apartment that provided a washer and dryer. So, there is an extra washer and dryer (not in use!) in Emily's room next to her crib. Poor girl-not quite the nursery that I had envisioned for her! We just kinda use them as giant shelves-blankets, stereo, clean clothes that need folded-whatever! We had always kinda joked about storing things in them to take advantage of some of the space. But, didn't really follow through on that.

SO, we've started packing a few things up this past week. A box (and a car seat) that was between Emily's crib and the dryer had been moved for packing purposes (have I mentioned before that we're a bit cramped on space in this apartment?). Hmmm, I can now open the dryer...I wonder if there really is room in there to put things?

Well, when I opened the dryer-there was a duffel bag inside. Sure enough, when I opened the duffel bag there was all my underwear and socks! 30 pairs of socks to be exact-including quite a few Christmas socks and a bunch of fun socks....I love fun socks! There were nursing bras (boy I could've used those last year) and quite a few bras from when I was pregnant that don't so much fit anymore :) As a bonus there were a few pajama sets that I loved too!! Ooohhh-it was nearly as good as shopping!! I just had to laugh though-they were there the whole time!! Oh well-story of our life!

1 comment:

Created Amiably said...

That is sooo funny!! I love it!