Saturday, February 9, 2008

Bathtime fun

Jeesh-I can't believe that just 2 weeks from today we'll be Ohio bound!!! We never thought that we'd want to move back, but now we can't get there quick enough! I finished all of my CEs to get my Ohio nursing license reactivated, just have to get it notarized on Monday then put it in the mail. I have an interview the Monday after we get there at Columbus Children's. I guess now it's called Nationwide Children's Hospital. In the NICU of course! I'm looking forward to taking care of some more critical patients, although I hope I'm not too rusty! It's been about 1 1/2 years since I've worked amid chaos. I do miss it though-looking forward to getting back into a teaching environment.

We've been able to get a bit of packing done. Since half of our things are in storage already, there shouldn't be too much to do, but it still seems like we have a lot of stuff. I guess you aquire a lot with a kid! Along with all of the moving business, Emily is just growing, growing, growing!! She's really starting to try to talk. There's quite a few things that she says, and definitely tries to copy what you say all the time. It's so funny-and amazing too. I can't believe how quick she picks things up! I will say one of the funny things she'll say is 'waffle' (only my daughter would be speaking mainly food words!). The funny part though is that when she says it, it kinda sounds like the little boy on "Meet the Fockers" when he says ass-hole. Only, I swear it's waffle!! I'll have to get some video of that to see if y'all agree. I work on it!


This was just tonight, splish-splashing all over the bathroom, just going through a bit of her repertoire. She's pretty quick to answer, and quiet too.....she's just too darn cute!! I love it!







3 comments:

Created Amiably said...

I understand about looking forward to crazy chaos! I am so excited to go back to work!! I think the peds ER with be chaos and I am soo looking forward to it!! Emily is so cute and bath time is the BEST!!
Ami

Me from Cali said...

Just came across your site. We have seven children and six grandchildren now. We have an Emily, too, and this was -exactly- how it was as well (the tub, etc.) You will not relate to this, but there will come a time when you will say, "Where did the time go? How is it possible that I don't even really remember/relate anymore to those early times. It's like a foggy memory now even with the video." So, enjoy it all NOW. Or, keep on havin'em!

Still, even though we miss those days, when you are a grandparent it is SO NICE to say after a visit, "Okay, here's mommy and daddy. Bye-bye!" And then crash on the sofa when they are gone (looking at the mess all around you).

Okay -- Bye-bye!

Created Amiably said...

Have you guys moved? How is it going??