Friday, April 25, 2008

YYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE A CONTRACT ON OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!


Last Saturday (4/19) we finally got a contract on our house!! Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we'll close May 20-I can't wait!!! I will admit that I had tears in my eyes and was sad for a second when Aaron told me (I was upstairs taking a nap before I worked that night). Besides the sweet stuff about it being our first house and Emily being born while we lived there, I was kinda sad because it meant that we didn't "live" there anymore. Not that we had for the last year and a half, but I still kinda felt like we were connected. By the house selling, it's totally finishing that chapter of our lives-and I really LOVED that chapter of our lives!! It has been a crazy whirlwind of a last year and a half, hopefully things will settle soon-with the house officially closing, and us getting a new house up here. We're hoping to be able to get down to Charleston by fall-if not sooner! We loved living down there-the friends we met were absolutely great, we really miss everyone down there along with the way of life down there-there's just nothing like it! We learned a lot while we lived there and made a lot of memories that will last a lifetime!!

The next time we'll be down there we'll be annoying tourists with our Ohio license plates (just like every other tourist down there!). Who knows though-maybe we'll make our way back for retirement???!!!!!

4 comments:

saylor days said...

oh i'm sorry.i was totally thinking that you may have felt that way.i'm sure its a strange feeling. i am really happy the money burden is off though.

Stephanie and Eric Horecky said...

Congratulations!!! I am happy & sad!!! You know how much I wanted you to move back =(

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! What a big lift off your shoulders! We miss you down here and can't wait for you to visit! Ella wants to see Emily again!!!

Tom, Christine and Ella Cameron

Anonymous said...

We understand completely how you feel! It is such a bittersweet moment! We too would love to move down there again! But once you move into your new house and with the weather being nice again it will be a great next chapter!
Ami