Monday, January 28, 2008

Moving Plans!

Alrighty-we finally have a bit of a plan for moving! Aaron talked to his boss about wanting to move, and they have been nothing but very supportive! They had nothing but good things to say about him and his work (I have to brag a bit-kinda proud of the guy!). They are getting a hold of the office in Dublin, OH and seeing what they can do about a transfer. They are trying to get him into an upper level position as much as possible-seeing as that he has been working at home office for the past year. He has a few 'big dogs' here pulling for him, so hopefully things will be completely ironed out soon. However, we have set the date for the move-in 3 1/2 weeks!!!! AAAGGHHH!!

My manager has been supportive as well, I'm turning in my official notice tomorrow. My last day is going to be Feb 18 (My sister's birthday actually!). That will still give me 2 days that Emily will go to daycare that week so that I can stay home and get some packing done without the "help" of Emily. I sent in my application to Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus Children's). I know a few people that work there, so the manager is already awaiting my application. I just have to get 24 CEUs quick in order to renew my Ohio RN license...I think I have like 12 to go...Thank goodness that you can get most of them for free online...Still, a bit of a pain!

We should be back in Ohio either Feb 22 or 23. Depends on how quick we get everything loaded up. My parents will be coming down that Fri evening to help load up and also to help drive everything. I'm still very tempted to go to IKEA and spend a bunch before we move. Actually (I just looked online) there's one in MI that's only an hour from Aaron's mom's house (so 3 hours from Columbus). I guess I can wait to splurge until we actually have the money to splurge! And we have a house to put it in for that matter! We are going to be staying at my parents house for a little while until we get ourselves back up on our feet. Hopefully our house in Charleston will sell soon and we won't have to stay for long! We just dropped the price a good bit and have had quite a few showings....hopefully soon!! Should be interesting though-we all kinda make jokes about it. Aaron decided that our contribution to staying there was going to be alcohol. Margarita's for everyone!!!!! Oh well-we all have a good attitude about it-just glad to be getting back home.

SO-it does feel good to pretty much have a plan. A weight being lifted off of our shoulders....only not all the way off- kinda like only off as much that if we get up too fast we'll hit our heads on it. But, better than before! It's all kinda come about pretty quick in this last week and a half. So, we're trying to pack up what we can, and try to have all our loose ends taken care of...We can't wait to be back closer to family!!!

Emily has been so much fun lately!! She's really starting to communicate with us all the time. She loves the Wiggles (I'm sure I've mentioned that already). Anyways, we watch it like a million times a day-Thank God for TiVo! She shakes her hands (kinda like the Wiggles do if you ever watch them) and that's her 'sign' for Wiggles. She has learned so many of the dances that they do-Aaron and I just laugh-cuz she'll get up off her chair and start dancing-the right moves too-at the right time!! Such a smart little cookie! I did get a little video of her pointing out body parts and animal noises and other cute things that Moms like...I have to download it to the computer yet though. Oh-and she loves to say 'Uh-Oh' aaaaallllllllll the time!!!!! It's so fun though. Oh yeah-this too-she loves to give us hugs and kisses! We must be doing something right! She'll go give Aaron a hug, then she'll go find me and give me a hug....back and forth, back and forth. Probably my favorite time of the day! Have I mentioned that she's in the next class at daycare? She isn't quite as comfortable as she used to be, but she knows all the kids, she has a few buddies in there, so fun to watch them interact. OK, sorry, I'll have pictures or videos or something more exciting than my rambling soon....

2 comments:

saylor days said...

i think your rambling is exciting. and i'm glad you used your analogy or metaphor or whatever! haha.

Created Amiably said...

I am so excited for you guys! It is so nice moving home! Good luck!